How to keep trekking shoes in good condition for a long time
Table of Content
How to keep trekking shoes in good condition for a long time .When you are hiking or trekking, you have to go through rough, rocky and muddy roads because your shoes are the only point of contact between you and the ground, it is very important to know how to keep trekking shoes looking good for a long time.
You know that when you buy shoes, you pay a huge amount out of your pocket, so you definitely want your shoes to be your companion for a long time. If you do not know how to take care of your trekking shoes then this article is for you.
How to maintain and take care of trekking shoes for a long time
1.Cleaning of trekking shoes
Cleanliness is a very important factor to keep your trekking shoes in good condition for a long time. because soil on the top of your trekking shoes adversely affects the waterproofing quality of your shoes. That's why you need to clean them regularly after every trekking trip.
- First, you have to beat the soles of your shoes with each other to get rid of the remaining dust and mud.
- Take an old toothbrush or sponge with which you have to take lukewarm water.
- Soak brush or sponge in the water and slowly clean the upper and exterior area of your trekking shoes.
2. Drying of trekking shoes
The breath quality of trekking shoes is good but you always sweat inside your shoes while trekking because you have to wear them for a long time and the second point is the water may enter from the top of the shoe during a heavy rainy during trekking , in both the cases you must have to dry the trekking shoes to keep them in good condition for a long time.
- Remove the insole and laces so trekking shoes will breathe easily and dry faster.
- Fill newspaper in shoes so the paper can absorb the complete moisture faster.
- Leave the shoes at room temperature
- Avoid leaving your shoes in direct sunlight because it damages the quality of the show.
3. Re waterproofing of trekking shoes
shoes are waterproof from the time manufacturing with usage, many shoes lose their waterproofing ability with time., however, it is possible to revive their ability to repel water to do this, you can use a waterproofing spray or grease. You can do this keep your trekking shoes in good condition for a long time once or twice a year.
- Get a waterproofing spray or grease from market before read the instructions properly.
- Apply spray approximately 20 cm away and pay attention on joints.
- Waterproofing grease protects leather shoes from aging and cracking by making them water repellent
- waterproofing grease is applied by using a cloth.
4.Storing of trekking shoes
Before storing your shoes please make your this your shoes are dry properly or not keep them in cool and ventilated place but note one most important point you have to keep them away from direct sunlight if you are very tired and don't want to trek for long time so you can stuff or fill papers in your shoes.
We provide you the best and easy ways to keep trekking shoes in good condition for a long time these tips will give long life to your shoes if you have any other tips to keep trekking shoes in good condition so share with us in comment box and if you like this article share with your friends and near ones.